WANIC Skill Center offers high quality, tuition-free professional training for high school Juniors and Seniors. These year-long, advanced-level Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs are based on rigorous academic and industry standards and prepare students for college and/or a career. WANIC programs may offer dual credit opportunities (both high school and college credit) and/or lead to industry certifications. Programs are designed in three period blocks allowing extended time to not only learn the theory of a subject, but to also get authentic hands-on lab experience. All classes earn Occupation Education high school credits and may offer other course equivalencies towards high school graduation requirements.
EHS Priority Deadline - April 1
During Eastlake’s registration, students register for a full 7-period Eastlake schedule. If approved for WANIC, counselors will work with students to adjust original schedule requests to accommodate their WANIC class. Remember that academic year WANIC requires students to be away from Eastlake for 4 class periods. For students interested in summer WANIC, the summer application typically opens after spring break.
EHS Student Info Sessions:
Mon, Feb 27 (both lunches) – WANIC representatives will host a table in the Commons @ EHS during both lunches.
Fri, Mar 24, (Wolf Time A & B) – WANIC representatives will provide an overview of the WANIC course offerings and answer students questions. Sign-up on FlexiSCHED.
Students & Families Info Sessions:
Thu, Mar 16, 5-7 pm – WANIC 2023 Open House at Lake Washington Institute of Technology
Multiple Dates - DigiPen Info Sessions
AY Courses (23-24)
Baking & Pastry
Building Industry Technologies - CorePlus Construction
Fire & EMS
Health Science Careers/Nursing
New Courses for (23-24)
Aviation Technology - STEM
Institute for Systems Biology (ISB) - Systems Medicine
DigiPen Courses (23-24)
DigiPen Art & Animation
DigiPen Data Analytics & Visualization
DigiPen Game Design
DigiPen Music & Sound Design
DigiPen Video Game Programming
Registering for WANIC
Eastlake students interested in WANIC should register for a full Eastlake schedule during EHS 2023-24 registration.
After WANIC's registration opens on January 24, 2023, submit the WANIC application. The priority registration deadline is 4/1/23.
DigiPen WANIC classes require students to attend an information session.
After the Eastlake master schedule for 2023-24 is finished, usually in June, EHS counselors and the College and Career Center will work with students to modify original schedule requests to accommodate a student’s WANIC schedule. You will typically need to be away from Eastlake for four class periods in order to participate in academic year WANIC.
WANIC Summer registration will open after LWSD Spring Break. This is a good option for students who do not have enough room in their schedules to participate in a year-round WANIC class.
All first year DigiPen applicants must attend one of the DigiPen Online Information Sessions.
Thursday, March 16, 2023, 7-8 pm (Cancelled)
Thursday, March 22, 2023, 7-8 pm (NEW)
Wed., April 19, 2023, 7-8 pm
Thurs., May 25, 2023, 7-8-pm
Wed., June 28, 2023, 7-8 pm
Thur., July 27, 2023, 7-8 pm (tentative)
Wed., August 16, 2023, 7-8 pm (tentative)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is WANIC Skill Center?
- What grade levels are eligible for WANIC?
- Do I earn High School credits?
- Does WANIC provide transportation?
- How does WANIC work with my Eastlake schedule?
- Will WANIC work with my Individual Health Plan?
- Who can attend?
- How long are the classes?
- Can I earn college credits?
- How much does WANIC cost?
- Will WANIC work with my IEP or 504 plan?
- How do I apply?
- Does WANIC offer summer courses?
What is WANIC Skill Center?
What grade levels are eligible for WANIC?
Do I earn High School credits?
Does WANIC provide transportation?
How does WANIC work with my Eastlake schedule?
Will WANIC work with my Individual Health Plan?
Who can attend?
How long are the classes?
Can I earn college credits?
How much does WANIC cost?
Will WANIC work with my IEP or 504 plan?
How do I apply?
Does WANIC offer summer courses?
2023-24 WANIC Course Descriptions
- Aviation Technology (NEW)
- Automotive Technology
- Baking and Pastry
- Building Industry Technologies-Core + Construction
- CISCO Networking Academy
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Careers
- Health Science Careers (Nursing)
- Institute for Systems Biology - Systems Medicine (NEW)
- Fire and EMS
- Medical Careers
- Sports Medicine
Aviation Technology (NEW)
Baking and Pastry
Building Industry Technologies-Core + Construction
CISCO Networking Academy
Health Science Careers (Nursing)
Institute for Systems Biology - Systems Medicine (NEW)
Fire and EMS
2023 Summer WANIC
For students interested in summer WANIC, the summer application typically opens after spring break. Information for Summer 2023 will be available in April.
- WANIC Summer Semester is an option for all Eastlake students, including incoming freshman. Summer classes are generally 6.5 hours per day for 14 days, with students earning 0.5 high school (usually occupational) credits. Registration typically opens in mid-April.
- Learn more about WANIC Summer Courses.
- WANIC does not enroll based on first come first served basis. After WANIC enrolls rising 12th graders who have priority, everyone who applies anytime during the designated window (TBA) has the same chance of being enrolled if a lottery is necessary.
- WANIC summer classes are posted to transcripts in August.