Running Start Informational Sessions
February 19th and 21st
Students who are interested in Running Start for next school year should plan on attending one of the information sessions at Eastlake. Because of the 2 hour delay last week we had to cancel Wolftime.
The two options are
- Wednesday, Feb 19th at 1:00pm in the theater (parents can attend) or
- Friday February 21, during Wolftime A 9:05-9:50AM
Running Start Presentation from Information session here.
What is Running Start?
Running Start is a program in which juniors and seniors who qualify may enroll in college level courses at Bellevue College, CWU Sammamish, Cascadia College, or Lake Washington Institute of Technology and earn high school and college credit concurrently. Lake Washington School District pays the college tuition for a specified number of credits taken; and students are usually responsible for fees, books, and transportation.
EHS counselors are holding a Running Start Information session for students Friday, February 7th during WolfTime A in the EHS Theater. Please see the links below to learn more about each of the programs and consider attending an orientation at the school of choice to get more information about next steps in the enrollment process.
In addition, students will be asked to fill out the EHS Running Start Agreement form. Please review this form with your student and or parent, sign, and return to your counselor by giving to Mrs. Johnson in counseling or putting it in the box on their door. This will put you on your counselor’s radar as interested in attending RS next fall.
Should I do Running Start? Is it right for me?
- Academic Skills
- Personal Readiness
- Transferring College Credit
- Sounds great, how/when do I sign up?
- Now that I'm preparing to register, how do I decide which classes to take?
- How many credits can/should I take?
- Now that I am ready to start my first quarter, what else should I keep in mind?
- Transitioning to a New Enviornment
- EHS is a Closed Campus