What is Running Start?
Running Start is a program in which juniors and seniors who qualify may enroll in college level courses at Bellevue College, CWU Sammamish, Cascadia College, or Lake Washington Institute of Technology and earn high school and college credit concurrently. Lake Washington School District pays the college tuition for a specified number of credits taken; and students are responsible for fees, books, and transportation.
Please see the links below to learn more about each of the programs and attend an orientation at the school of choice to get more information about next steps in the enrollment process.
Running Start students are subject to the same state, district, and Eastlake Graduation Requirements. Students enrolled in Running Start spring courses will not be given a diploma until an official transcript is received from the community college or school. Once the enrollment process is underway, you will review your remaining graduation requirements with your EHS counselor.
Should I do Running Start? Is it right for me?
- Academic Skills
- Personal Readiness
- AP versus Running Start
- Transferring College Credit
- Now that I'm preparing to register, how do I decide which classes to take?
- How many credits can/should I take?
- Now that I am ready to start my first quarter, what else should I keep in mind?
- Transitioning to a New Environment
- EHS is a Closed Campus
- Sounds great, how/when do I sign up?