Are you, or someone you know, experiencing:
- Anxiety or loneliness?
- Family or relationship difficulties?
- Symptoms of mental illness?
- Health concerns?
- Alcohol or drug abuse?
- Thoughts of suicide?
The resources on this page may be helpful
Call 911 if this is an urgent concern about a student in a physical or mental health crisis that needs immediate attention.
LWSD Community Resources
Click here to be re-directed to the LWSD Community Resource page.
- How to Respond to Coronavirus Racism
- Supporting Our Asian & Asian American Communities
- Crisis Text Line - Coronavirus
- 24 Hour Crisis Line - 866-4CRISIS (1-866-427-4747) or 206-461-3222
- TEEN LINK Help Line: 1-866-TEENLINK (833-6546)
- TEEN LINK CHAT: WWW.866TEENLINK.ORG
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Transgender Suicide Hotline: 877-565-8860
- Tips for Supporting a Teen After the Loss of a Close Friend
Youth Eastside Services (YES)
Andrea Frost - Eastlake's Prevention and Intervention Specialist
EHS Community - Would you like support with the challenges of dealing with being at home, stress, vaping, family conflicts, substance use, loneliness, irritability, or are you worried about a family member or friend’s drug/alcohol/vape use?
If you want help and can benefit from brief drop-in counseling or consultation, you can easily connect with our Youth Eastside Services (YES) Counselor, Andrea Frost. Just use her drop-in office hours on Zoom on Tuesdays or Wednesdays. She is our Substance Abuse Prevention Intervention Specialist (PI) and is here to support you.
Virtual Alcohol & Drug Education class
- Free Educational resource for parents/caregivers. Held on a Saturday each month. Click here for more information.
YES PI Services Offered with Andrea:
Drop-in counseling/consultation hours are available to students, parents/caregivers and teachers/staff.
To register, please click on a link below for Tuesday or Wednesday. You will then receive an email with information on how to join the virtual meeting. Sessions are approximately 15 minutes each and if you want to, we can talk about setting up another time for a longer future visit.
Substance Use & Prevention Support Groups for Students
*Recovery Group on Wednesdays 1:00-2:00pm
- For students who are working toward or are in recovery from substance use. Learn healthy coping skills and tools, along with mindfulness strategies on how to support present and future goals of not using substances. Ongoing group, can join at any time.
*Affected Others Group on Wednesdays 2:30-3:30pm
- For students who are affected by others’ substance use (family or friends). Confidential space to explore and express feelings, build community and reduce feelings of isolation. Also a space to feel empowered and have fun. Ongoing group, can join at any time.
*Quit Vaping Now Group on Wednesdays 4:00-5:00pm
- For students who want to work towards not using nicotine products of any kind. Building motivation to quit by recognizing triggers, learning mindfulness strategies to reduce stress, and creating steps for success with realistic goals. 4 week series, ongoing group, can join at any time.
First steps to participate in group: contact your school counselor, email or call Andrea - firstname.lastname@example.org, 425 747-4937 x2721
Evergreen Health Social Worker - Suzanne Campiche
Email - Suzanne Campiche
Suzanne is a social worker from Evergreen Health who supports Eastlake students through a partnership with LWSD. She provides crisis intervention, psychosocial and risk assessments, safety planning and brief interventions. Suzanne provides ongoing behavioral health support until she can connect students with an outside referral.
Staff and parents are also able to consult with Suzanne regarding interventions, psychoeducation and community resources. She can assist with referrals to primary care, specialty care and mental health providers. She works with students or parents
who contact her directly, and students who are referred to her by our school counselors.
Student Support Groups
Suzanne and the other LWSD social workers also lead student support groups during asynchronous time. Any LWSD high school student can join any group.
Please visit the link here for counseling services
Evergreen website here