On this page:
Application Support Calendar
- FAQs (Admission options, EHS Info., Transcripts, Reporting Courses & Grade, Letter of Recs. etc.)
UC Application Resources
CSU Application Resources
Upcoming APPLICATION Events
SPOTLIGHT: Question & Answer
Question: What is the impact (positive, negative, or neutral) of the following things on a student’s college admission possibilities?
Having a W for a class
Having a TA for a period
Having (or not having) Art on a transcript
Answer (UW Seattle):
- Ws should always be explained by the student or by the counselor or both. Impact will depend on context (due to illness, move, etc.).
- TA is typically a less competitive class option unless there are special circumstances that contextualize it.
- We will all still probably do a holistic review of the student, but the student may be denied (by some of the UCs) for not having not completed it and without explanation; we will not deny but if accepted, student will have to complete that requirement in order to graduate from the UW.
Note: This is a response from UW Seattle. It is important for students to reach out to all college of interests to understand how a grade or course impacts their admission possibilities at the school or program.
Quick Links to Guidebooks
Eastlake's Admission Contacts
Wondering who to contact if you have admission and application questions for the colleges you are interested in applying to? Most colleges assign admission reps to high schools by state or territory and provide the contact information for the counselor assigned on their website. Disclaimer: College contacts change frequently.
Note: The information provided on this page is meant to be a general guide for completing college applications. It is important that students visit the websites of colleges and programs they are applying for the most up-to-date admission requirements and application instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the admission options for applying to colleges?
- What are the Early Admission (EA) options?
- What are the features of Early Decision (Ed) plans?
- What are the features of Early Action (EA) plans?
- What are the features of a Single-Choice Early Action Plan?
- What are the pros and cons of Early Action/Decision plans?
- What are my options if I am not admitted by Early Action or Early Decision?
- What is the Guaranteed Admission Program (GAP)?
- Do the colleges get notified of eligible Eastlake students? (Opt-Out?)
Eastlake High School Information
- Where can I get help with my college applications?
- What size is the Class of 2024?
- Does LWSD/EHS weight GPA?
- Does LWSD/EHS provide Class Rank?
- Am I a freshman applicant if I am in Running Start or have Dual Credit?
- Does Eastlake use a "Block Schedule"?
- What is Eastlake's scheduling system?
- What "Grading Scale" does Eastlake HS use?
Letters of Recommendation
- Do all schools require letters of recommendation?
- How do I request a recommendation from my counselor or teacher?
- How do I invite and assign my recommenders?
- Tell me more about FERPA
- Can I request a letter from an outside party?
- When will my counselor upload my letter?
- Can I submit my application even if my recommenders haven't completed their portions?
- Do all schools require transcripts as part of the application process?
- How do I request my Eastlake transcript?
- Do I need to send my college/dual credit transcripts during the application process?
- How do I request for UW transcript for my Eastlake UW in the High School course(s)?
- How do I request my transcript for my CTE Dual Credit course(s)?
Reporting Courses & Grades
- Do all schools require self-reported courses and grades?
- If self-reported courses and grades are required, do I need to record every class?
- Do I need to enter middle school grades?
- How do I account for a P, W or Incomplete in a class?
- How do I record my WANIC or LWSD summer school class?
- How do I record my UW in the High School class(es)?
- How do I record my Running Start class(es)?
- Is my Eastlake honors class considered honors in the UC/Cal State system?
- How do I classify Eastlake classes in the UC/Cal State system in terms of A-G?
- How should I use the Additional Comments boxes on the UC application?
- Should I enter my AP test scores into the Cal State Application?
- How do I report courses taken outside the United States?
- I'm Running Start and don't know my 2nd/3rd quarter schedule yet. How should I report my current/12th grade planned courses?
- I took a year of a language in middle school and then took another year in high school. My high school transcript shows one world language (year 2). Will I meet the CADR to be admitted for world language if I only show year 2 on my transcript?
- I made a mistake or have something new to add after submitting. Can I update my application?
- If my application is due on "x" date, is it due at 11:59 pm on that day or the day before?
- I submitted my application, is everything good to go?
- I plan to change/have changed my second semester schedule after submitting my application. Do I need to update my application?