Class of 2024
The Eastlake High School Counseling Department held an Incoming 9th Grade Parent Night for the Class of 2024 parents on Wednesday, January 8th.
Information that was presented included: graduation requirements, course registration, and on level and honors pathways from each department.
View the Incoming 9th Grade Parent Night PowerPoint presentation here.
Class of 2024 - Welcome to Eastlake newsletter sent January 20th, 2020
Eastlake counselors are unable to meet with incoming 9th grade students and parents. We encourage all families to utilize the information in the FAQ's below or refer to your middle school counselor.
Middle School Visits
Eastlake Counselors will be visiting the following Middle School for Eastlake Course Registration on the following dates:
- Evergreen and Inglewood Middle schools on Tuesday January 21st and Tuesday January 28th.
- Redmond Middle School / Quest on Wednesday January 22nd and Tuesday January 28th.
- RSAR - (TBD)
- Choice School 8th graders who will attend Eastlake. Eastlake High School will host two Choice Middle School registration sessions for current 8th graders who will attend Eastlake High School next year. Attend either Wednesday, January 22nd at 1:30pm or Wednesday, January 29th at 1:30pm. The meeting will be held in the Eastlake Counseling office.RSVP your attendance by calling Eastlake HS Counseling Secretary, Cathy Johnson, at 425-936-1522
- Parent Night Presentation - I could not attend incoming 9th grade parent night or my student missed the EHS counselor presentation at her/his school. Is there a way I can see the presentations?
- Can I take a class over the summer to accelerate the pathway?
- Social Studies - What are the Social Studies options for 9th graders?
- Honors English - Can any 9th grader request Honors English?
- PE Credits - What options exist for meeting the PE graduation requirements?
- Does my student have to take the 9th grade yearlong Health and Fitness class?
- What are the yearlong Elective Options for 9th Grade?
- Middle School Credit on HS Transcripts
- Credit Recovery - If a student fails a class in 8th grade, what are his/her options for making up the credit?
- Math and Science Pathways - Can you help me understand the math and science pathways?
- Upper Level World Language - What do you offer as far as upper level languages?
- Mixed Grade Level Freshmen Classes - What classes are typically mixed grade levels for 9th graders?
- 10th Grade Honors Access - Can my student still get into the honors or AP pathway if they don’t take the honors pathway in 9th grade?
- Art Options - Do you have an art pathway for 9th graders?
- World Language Credit Options - Are there alternatives to my student completing the 2.0 world language graduation requirement?
- Freshmen Wind Ensemble/Symphonic Band - Is there ever a possibility that a freshman can take Wind Ensemble/Symphonic Band?
- Jazz Band Auditions - When are Jazz Band auditions for the 2019-20 school year?
- Non-Native English Speakers- What do you suggest for students who are native speakers of Spanish, French, or Japanese but who want to take a world language class at EHS as opposed to the World Language Credit Options discussed in the above FAQ?
- Missed Counselor Presentation - My student will miss the counselors presentation – how can they get the information?
- Finish Registration - My student will miss the counselors on the 2nd day of presentation – how do they get registered?
- Freshmen Chamber Orchestra/Sinfonia - Is there ever a possibility that a freshman can take Chamber Orchestra/Sinfonia?
This is Eastlake video